Vibrant Vegan Queso
- 6 oz gold or red potato peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 jalapeño seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 4 oz can green Chile’s
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2½ cups vegetable broth divided
- 1/3 cup lime
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Casa Alvarez Chile Verde Con Veggie or more to taste
Heat a saucepan to medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the potatoes, jalapeno and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Next add the salt, turmeric, chili powder and paprika and sauté until fragrant. 30-45 seconds.
Add the green chilies, cashews and 2 cups of vegetable broth. Place a lid on the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
Carefully add the hot mixture to a blender along with the nutritional yeast, lime, remaining ½ cup of vegetable broth and fresh cilantro. Blend until smooth.